Samstag, 22. Juni 2013

Leah Talks The Originals And Jodi Arias Movie



If you have a taste for small screen sociopaths and the complex reasons behind their killings, Leah Pipes has two upcoming projects that will speak to your inner true crime detective.
The first, Lifetime's Jodi Arias biopic features the 24-year-old as Katie, Travis Alexander's post-Jodi girlfriend. A gig she's following up with a starring role in The CW's hotly anticipated Vampire Diaries spin-off, The Originals. In the New Orleans-set series she plays Camille (but you should call her Cammy), the lone human in a seriously supernatural city. ETonline caught up with Pipes to talk about these projects and discover the unique reasons she was attracted to both.

ETonline: How closely were you following the Jodi Arias trial?
Leah Pipes: I was obsessed. I has CNN on in my hotel room every day while we were filming the pilot for The Originals. I was following it so closely that it's kind of funny I ended up being in the movie.

ETonline: Are you typically a true crime buff or was this a unique obsession?
Pipes: I don't actually own a TV, so it was a perfect storm of having cable and being in the hotel a lot. I remember thinking, "Is this what's always happening in the world and I'm just missing it because I don't own a TV?!?!" So, no, I don't normally follow stories like this, but it was so captivating -- I mean, to watch a gorgeous girl snap and have her be so aggressive, it never happens. It's so fascinating.

ETonline: Then I'm sure it was a no-brainer as to why you wanted to be on this show.
Pipes: When the audition came in, I was extra excited about it. Then, on set, there were photos not everyone got to see, and the guy who played Travis actually talked to some of Travis' real-life friends, so I felt like I was getting an inside scoop about a story I was obsessed with.

ETonline: What appealed to you about playing Katie?
Pipes: I really liked the fact she was such a lighthearted, good-person. Being the woman that you want the man to end up with is an interesting thing to play. You're not the sexy one, so that means you're not typically doing the fun stuff, but you'll probably be a good mom one day [laughs]. I could relate to her in that way.


 ........


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen